> From: Snow white [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> We use a
> cookie to maintain the state that determines what is sent to the
> client, and we update the cookie in every response of this URL
> request.

So, presumably, your app already breaks if a user uses the 'Refresh'
button on the page, even pre-SP2?

> This is an old application that has been working fine for many years,
> so I would like to change it minimal. Let me know if anyone has any
> thoughts to handle this.

You'll have to modify your app.

One approach would be to have one change of state going into the page
that requires the control, and another once you know the control is
active - but that's difficult to do if the control stays installed
between sessions.

                - Peter