> From: Didier McGillis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: tomcat and 64 bit processors
>
> Hopefully I wont bore anyone.  Any special considerations
> with tomcat 5.5 and a 64 bit processor, can I grab the
> binaries from the download site or should I grab the source?

Outside of the optional APR connector, Tomcat is pure Java - by
definition, this means the binaries run anywhere, on any 1.4 or later
JRE, including the 64-bit JVMs.  There is a potential stability issue
with recent 64-bit JRE 5 downloads from Sun; check the archives of this
mailing list and the Sun bug reports.

As far as the APR connector goes, if you don't install it, Tomcat will
default to the pure Java one.  If you want to use the APR connector, I
believe you'll have to build it for your platform (haven't tried it
myself).

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.