"module not included in the server configuration"....this is the key
mod_jk is a third party module and is not in the apache distribution.
It must be downloaded and compiled.
Best way is to compile it into the apache executable. You will have to go to the tomcat docs and maybe google to find info on how to do this......plan on spending some time.

Bharat Soni wrote:

Hi,
I have RH9, apache 2.0.40,tomcat 4.3.11  jdk 1.3.1_11. with mysql 3.23.54.
I am installing a server with apache+mod jk + tomcat + mysql.
The problem is that after writing
Include /usr/local/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.so
in my httpd.conf file and trying to start the httpd server i got error as

Syntax error on line 28 of /usr/local/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf:
Invalid command 'JkMount', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

. I have build my apache as
./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-openssl --enable-so

on net I found this below command.
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-ssl --enable-so

But for my setup this command was not working and gives some ssl error . I
query for the RPM and find openssl on my system. so i used the command with
openssl included. is this correct ot this is the cause for the problem.

By the way Tomcat is working fine individually . but due to the error apache
is not starting. if i comment the line apache also works fine .

Thanks in anticipation

Bharat Soni
+91-9826098373

--