Thank you for your responses Vinu and Chuck

I got rid of the definition as Vinu suggested, and it seems that I do not have
to have any context.xml in the META-INF for the app.
The jsp file appears in my browser window, except it doesn't evaluate the jsp
expression I include. Maybe you can tell me that I have a simple jsp error...
As jsp works by creating an intermediate HttpServlet class, how can I view the
source of this to work out what is going on?

This problem was my original problem, which prompted me to try and add the
servlet definitions.
My simple jsp example is below.

--
David Ziants
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PS Please could responses also be CCed to my email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
This is because I receive this discussion group in digest mode, and I don't
know how frequently the archives are
updated.
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
    pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
<head>
<title>Insert title here</title>
</head>
The date is:
<%=new java.util.Date().toString() %>
More text
--
David Ziants
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi David,
Just put your jsp files to 'D:\eclipse_ws_swing\MusarAvicha' directory
and remove the
 <servlet>
      <servlet-name>showlogin_jsp</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>showlogin_jsp</servlet-class>
      <load-on-startup>6</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

from your web.xml. Then try to access the jsp files thru the browser.

- Regards
Vinu