From: David Delbecq [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:58 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: percent sign in URI

Hello abdurrahman,

Your url is incorrect, replace it with
http://localhost:8080/aSite/aPage?query=hi%25everybody

According to rfc 1738, 2.2. URL Character Encoding Issues

   Octets must be encoded ..., if the use of the corresponding character is
unsafe, ...
   The character "%" is unsafe because it is used for encodings of other
characters.
   Thus, only alphanumerics, the special characters "$-_.+!*'(),", and
reserved characters used for their reserved purposes may be used unencoded
within a URL.

There is no details in RFC on how to handle badly shaped urls (like % not
followed by 2 hex digits) and thus your urls should not rely upon this.

Regards.