You can use jakarta commons dbcp http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/.
There is a basic datasource and examples on how to create it.
mas

Rick Col wrote:

Hi, guys:

I am stuck here with this problem. I created a Java
project on
Eclipse, the reason is I have to use my own framework
that won't
fit into a Tomcat project. But we are using Tomcat to
run our application. Now I have to create datasource
for Hibernate to use. If this is a tomcat project, I
can set up DB2 datasource in Tomcat's server.xml. But
it seems I cannot access this datasource set up in
server.xml and web.xml using Hibernate code or JDBC
code. I am wondering if there is a workaround for
this?

regards,