Bjørge Solli wrote:

42..

Both httpd(apache) and tomcat can be installed with yum on FC4. How to use them together depends on what you want to do. Oracle I have no clue about.

In short: there is no howto covering your question. Your Q is too general. Be more specific on your problem and what you have managed so far and where you get trouble. *Then* you might get some help.

Let me give a little background on myself. I'm a DBA by trade - I do Oracle, DB2 UDB, and MS SQL Server. I'm the most comfortable with Oracle (6+ years experience). For something to do, I built these databases to keep my home inventory and video/music collections. But since I process all of the databases using static sql, I am the only person in my home that can keep them up to date. So I thought if I can build a 'simple' web app, anyone could help keep things current...

Specifically, here is what I've done so far:
1. I have apache working using the standard sample programs to test (I used the FC4 rpms). 2. I have tomcat working using the standard sample programs to test (I used the standard package).
   3.  I have oracle working since version 8i and I'm up to 10g R2.

Now I want to do the following:
1. Add the correct entries in the httpd.conf so that apache passes what it should to tomcat and it works correctly. 2. Install and test eclipse so that I can write jsp's to duplicate some static sql I use to process the databases - with a gui. 3. Document this environment and applications so that I can give it to anyone who wants it as a freebie.

All of this to educate myself (you know idle hands...). I understand that there is not a single source of reference, but where can I start looking?
Gene