On 2/8/06, Matt Raible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > No. It's not useful to anyone (well, almost) either.
>
> Just curious - what do you mean?  Are you saying that no one uses a
> JTA TransactionManager with Tomcat? Is it something you don't
> recommend?  My guess is it's better to use a server like JBoss,
> Geronimo or JOnAS.  Unfortunately, I have clients that aren't
> interested in moving off Tomcat.

I heard of a couple people using that, that's it.

> OK - then I must be missing something.  It's probably so small I can't
> see it. ;-)

Actually, it's an elephant.

> WEB-INF/classes/carol.properties:
>
> # JNDI (Protocol Invocation)
> carol.protocols=jrmp
>
> # do not use CAROL JNDI wrapper
> carol.start.jndi=false
>
> # do not start a name server
> carol.start.ns=false
>
> I'm using the DBTest and test.jsp from the example I pointed to
> earlier.  When I hit test.jsp, I get:
>
> DBTest >> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException
>         at
> org.objectweb.carol.jndi.enc.java.CompNamingContext.lookupCtx(CompNamingContext.java:689)
>         at
> org.objectweb.carol.jndi.enc.java.CompNamingContext.lookup(CompNamingContext.java:179)
>         at
> org.objectweb.carol.jndi.enc.java.JavaURLContext.lookup(JavaURLContext.java:138)
>         at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
>         at foo.DBTest.init(DBTest.java:23)
>         at org.apache.jsp.test_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.test_jsp:52)

It's doing the JNDI lookup in Carol, while it should do it in Tomcat's
JNDI. As I said, for some reason, Carol manages to hijack Tomcat's
JNDI. I simply used the carol.properties from your *own* docs to
disable it:

# JNDI (Protocol Invocation)
carol.protocols=jrmp

# Local RMI Invocation
carol.jvm.rmi.local.call=true

# do not use CAROL JNDI wrapper
carol.start.jndi=false

# do not start a name server
carol.start.ns=false

# Naming Factory
carol.jndi.java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.apache.naming

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat