From: Ian Buzer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:21 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: New isapi_redirect.dll has problems

OK, first I'll point out that I'm pretty new to Tomcat myself....

> workers.properties.minimal:

Is jk even using this config file? Normally it would use workers.properties
unless it was configured otherwise.

> [Mon Feb 13 07:56:49 2006] [info]  jk_ajp_common.c (1248):
> Error connecting
> to the Tomcat process.

These errors suggest that jk is sending threads to tomcat, but tomcat does
not have enough threads to provide a response. You might want to try
adjusting the backlog, maxThreads and all the other "threads" properties for
your connector in /conf/server.xml

I've noticed that if jk cannot receive any more threads from the web server
(worker.ajp13w.cachesize too small) or tomcat cannot respond to all the
threads that are sent to it (maxThreads too small), it just doesn't seem to
respond correctly, leading either to a host not available error in IE or a
blank page in Firefox. I personally feel that it would be better if jk could
respond with some kind of 500 error.

> [Mon Feb 13 17:03:09 2006] [warn]  jk_uri_worker_map.c (429): Uri
> http://www.windwardreports.com/root.htm?source=google&id=540
> is invalid. Uri
> must start with /

This is a bit weird. Is your web server doing any URL rewriting? You haven't
got any links in your application that might end up looking like this:

http://www.somehost.com/http://www.windwardreports.com/root.htm?...

or even this:

/http://www.windwardreports.com/root.htm?...

Ian