On 2/17/06, Scott Purcell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My web site is a struts application, and is the default app. The way the
> site is configured, it is the root app, and I configured the root app to
> use welcome-file as a .jsp. So when the user hits the url
> <www.theuniquepear.com> it goes to a jsp page, which then does a jsp
> redirect to the www.theuniquepear.com/unique/welcome.do the way struts
> is set up then finally to the jsp via the action.

It doesn't appear to be the default (ROOT) app; if it were, your
'http://www.theuniquepear.com/unique/welcome.do' would just be
'http://www.theuniquepear.com/welcome.do' which you could map
as the welcome file. No redirects required.

If, for some reason, you still can't or won't do this, configure your
contexts as crossContext="true" and *forward* -- not redirect --
from your welcome file to the Struts controller.

HTH!
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]