Brad,

I found a good how-to that helped me put mod_jk to work.
www.howtoforge.com/apache2_tomcat5_mod_jk

It's very simple, and it works.

--- Brad O'Hearne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:

> I have been having trouble getting mod_jk to work. After having
> Googled
> and read various information on configuring mod_jk (that's the
> first
> problem -- we need good documentation without having to Google), I
> settled on this link which is a pretty good HOWTO:
>
> http://www.meritonlinesystems.com/docs/apache_tomcat_redhat.html
>
> The problem is, once I got everything setup, things didn't work as
> expected. Before going into a long diatribe about all the potential
>
> issues, what I checked, etc., I want to inquire about the notion of
> this
> document's advice about your "webapp", as mentioned in http.conf
> and
> server.xml configuration, and as shown in step 5 of this HOWTO, in
> directory creation. The document instructs you to create the
> appropriate
> application directories as follows:
>
> mkdir /home/tomcat/webapps
> mkdir /home/tomcat/webapps/{YOUR_DOMAIN}
> mkdir /home/tomcat/webapps/{YOUR_DOMAIN}/logs
> mkdir /home/tomcat/webapps/{YOUR_DOMAIN}/{YOUR_APPLICATION}
> mkdir /home/tomcat/webapps/{YOUR_DOMAIN}/{YOUR_APPLICATION}/WEB-INF
> mkdir

/home/tomcat/webapps/{YOUR_DOMAIN}/{YOUR_APPLICATION}/WEB-INF/classes

> In the httpd.conf, the virtualHost directive setup recommended is
> as
> follows:
>
> <VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>
>       ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       ServerName {YOUR_DOMAIN}
>       DocumentRoot /home/tomcat/webapps/{YOUR_DOMAIN}/{YOUR_APPLICATION}
>       ErrorLog /home/tomcat/webapps/{YOUR_DOMAIN}/logs/error_log
>       CustomLog /home/tomcat/webapps/{YOUR_DOMAIN}/logs/access_log
> common
>       JkMount /*.jsp wrkr
>       JkMount /servlet/* wrkr
>       # Deny direct access to WEB-INF
>       <LocationMatch ".*WEB-INF.*">
>               AllowOverride None
>               deny from all
>       </LocationMatch>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> and in configuring the Tomcat context, the configuration
> recommended is as follows:
>
> <Context path=""
>       docBase="{YOUR_APPLICATION}"
>       reloadable="true"
>       debug="0"/>
>
> I don't get the {YOUR_APPLICATION} part of this. Basically, I have
> a domain, and from it, I will be serving the contents of one or
> more web applications.
> These web applications of course are WAR files. The directory
> creation instructions look as if you would be creating the exploded
> WAR structure manually, and the virtual
> host configuration and context configuration appear to be
> addressing a particular WAR. This doesn't make sense to me. All I
> want to do is forward all requests with a particular
> prefix to Tomcat, regardless of the web application, and based upon
> the prefix, tomcat will determine which web application will
> respond (just as if you were using Tomcat without
> Apache httpd).
>
> Can someone give me a heads up on how to configure this? Thanks!
>
> Brad

Vanessa Campos
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ 35381281

"Efetivamente, para o homem, enquanto homem, nada tem valor a menos que ele
possa executa-lo com entusiasmo" Max Weber