Hi,

   First download tomcat-admin package from website for appropriate OS. Then
unzip it. When you
unzip the tomcat-admin (both on linux as well as on windows), say you unzip
into TEMP directory.
Now open TEMP directory and take some time to view the directory structure
there. Now go to your
tomcat installation (TOMCAT_HOME) and copy files from TEMP directory to
TOMCAT_HOME, preserving
directory structure. This is one way. A little bit long but you know exactly,
what you are doing.

   Other way is you can directly upzip tomcat-admin into TOMCAT_HOME directory
provided whatever
command/program you are using will take care of directory structure at time of
unzipping.

   Hope it helps.

Regards,
Dhaval