Peter Crowther wrote:
From: lk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] I would like to know if it is possible to run multiple instances of tomcat.
I've read the documentation and I found out that I can configure
multiple workers to serve multiple instances of Tomcat.
But I haven't understood if in this way the contexts served by a worker
are protected against a failure of the others workers?

Each instance of Tomcat runs in its own Java virtual machine (JVM).
Each JVM is isolated from other JVMs - so if one crashes, the others are
OK.

Furthermore I would like to know if it is possible to run tomcat5 and
tomcat4 on the same server?

Yes.  I do it regularly on this server when I'm testing compatibility of
one webapp.

                - Peter

Thanks to Peter and Leon for the answers.

Today I was able to configure two different instances of Tomcat 4.1.31 and one of Tomcat 5.5.15, and they works simultaneously (integrated with Apache2). I'm not sure my solutions is correct: I have 3 different directory, and each directory contains a complete binary distribution of tomcat.
And I have to startup each tomcat instance.
Is it the good way?

Bye

LuKe

Sponsor:
Prova GRATIS per 15 giorni! DVDNetRent e ricevi a casa 3 film. Puoi scegliere
tra migliaia di titoli
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4632&d=27-2