Hi,

Based upon your description, I think you are trying to use JSSE way to enable
SSL. Tomcat 5.5 has
two ways to enable SSL: 1) JSSE 2) OpenSSL.

If you are trying with JSSE, please remove tcnative-1.dll from your
TOMCAT_HOME\bin directory. It
should work fine.

If you want to know how to do with OpenSSL, please go to:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users%40tomcat.apache.org/msg02500.html

Steps described in above URL are 100% working when you don't have
Versign/Thwate signed
certificate. It is not case here I believe. :)

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,