From: Pete Alvin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 10:08 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat just died on our Production Server

Any idea what this means?  At 1:52 our Tomcat just stopped serving
pages.  Help.. my boss is *pissed* and I have no
idea how to address this.  I re-started Tomcat and I'm back in
service... but WHY DID IT HAPPEN?

Thanks in advance.  Pete

Mar 9, 2006 1:52:12 AM org.apache.jk.core.MsgContext action
WARNING: Error sending end packet
java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
        at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.send(ChannelSocket.java:508)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.JkInputStream.endMessage(JkInputStream.java:112)
        at org.apache.jk.core.MsgContext.action(MsgContext.java:293)
        at org.apache.coyote.Response.action(Response.java:182)
        at org.apache.coyote.Response.finish(Response.java:304)
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:204)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:744)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.jav
a:674)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocke
t.java:866)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPo
ol.java:684)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Mar 9, 2006 1:52:12 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket
processConnection
WARNING: processCallbacks status 2