Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
The select capability isn't required to implement the behavior I
described.  Once the request is read in over the wire, the request
object is passed off to a worker thread, and the reader thread goes back
for another one.  I'm going to have to dig deeper into the Catalina
connector code when I get a bit more time.
the select (non blocking) capability would be required if you wanna do keep alive connections with less threads than connections that is why BEA early on did what Tomcat is doing with APR right now, although tomcat is still doing blocking IO.

Filip