Just in case someone else comes across this error, I found this code in the mysql connectorj
Jdk14Logger.java:
private void logInternal(int level, Object msg, Throwable exception) {
               StringBuffer msgBuf = new StringBuffer();
               msgBuf.append(new Date().toString());
               msgBuf.append(" ");
               switch (level) {case FATAL:
                       msgBuf.append("FATAL: ");
                       break;
               case ERROR:
                       msgBuf.append("ERROR: ");
                       break;
               case WARN:
                       msgBuf.append("WARN: ");
                       break;
               case INFO:
                       msgBuf.append("INFO: ");
                       break;
               case DEBUG:
                       msgBuf.append("DEBUG: ");
                       break;
               case TRACE:
                       msgBuf.append("TRACE: ");
                       break;
               }
So......whoever said it was something in my webapps was right.

Mike Sabroff wrote:

I am not sure if this is a Tomcat issue or a MySql issue.
I get these trace messages in catalina.out:
Wed Mar 08 07:48:48 CST 2006 TRACE:
about 800 to 1000 lines of them, each time I connect to the database.
I have googled and searched but can find nothing on the cause or the solution
except maybe to use log4j.

I have several versions of Tomcat 4.x  / 5.x and it happens in all cases
I don't really think it is a Tomcat issue, but was hoping someone else has experienced the
problem and could lead me in the right direction.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

--