We've used UrlRewriteFilter with good success so far: http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

David

Lothar Krenzien wrote:

Hi there,

I'm using tomcat 5.5 and want to redirect some requests to another URL. For example the URL
localhost:80/siteA  should be forwarded to localhost:8080/siteB. Of course on Port 8080
listen another web-server. Does anybody know a good explanation how to do that ? I've tried
with filters in <catalina_home>/conf/web.xml and put the classes in the
<catalina_home>/server/classes and also by defining forwarding-rules in a rules.xml
file. But all with no success.

Thanks for your answer.

Lothar