> From: Vamsidhar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.5.16 - Error configuring application
> listener of class listeners.ContextListener

> SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class
> listeners.ContextListener
> java.lang.ClassFormatError: Extra bytes at the end of class file
> listeners/ContextListener
> SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class
> listeners.SessionListener
> java.lang.ClassFormatError: Extra bytes at the end of class file
> listeners/SessionListener

I think I misread the original error messages.  I suspect these are your
classes, not Tomcat's.  If so, then the compilation of them appears to
have produced illegally formatted class files.  You can try running
javap on them, and recompiling.  What JRE/JDK are you using?  Are you
using the same one both to compile your webapp classes and run Tomcat?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.