We mark all SessionID with a node marker!

Setup with <Engine jvmRoute="node1" > ....

The mod_jk or mod_proxy_ajp make then the correct routing.
The algo extract the worker name from cookie or url rewrite parameter jsessionid.

Read Cluster Doc and mod:jk doc
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/cluster-howto.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/

regards