On 3/17/06, Alessandro Colantoni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi! again!!
> Of course I'm Italian, but at moment I'm living in Spain for work, so just
> the same continent .!
> At the end I will choose the jsp solution with taglib (I'm gonna write my
> permission taglib now!) 'cause reference pages in database can be too much
> work and in some case I have permissions at field level.
> I think I yet found the solution to make such a taglib generic to re use in
> all future applications
> I'll do something like that
> <permissions:present list="perm1,perm2,perm3">
>      <!-- write your jsp piece  -->
> </permissions:present>
>  <permissions:notPresent list="perm1,perm2,perm3">
>      <!-- write your jsp piece  -->
> </permissions:notPresent >

Hang on!!! You've an admin form where you have dynamic roles, right?
And you've no means of knowing what these will be.. And what they are
denying access to.. Doing this with your proposed taglib wont help
solve this.. Your tag or jsp bean is going to have to ask the database
which roles have what access to a given page..

Your stuck needing a reference to the user action/jsp in the database.
You could have a properties file mapping jsp's to a key and keep that
in the db. But you're going to need this to have truely dynamic roles
to view access control..

Mark