actually, the answer is no, even if you enable multicast over WAN, you are dealing with some serious security issues, cause the the transmission of the data is not encrypted and you are facing a serious liability. For TC6 we have separated out the comm protocol from the replication logic, and WAN replication is one of the features on the list, doing this over SSL if you are not on a private network.

So we are little away from making this happen, but it is on the radar.

Filip

Peter Rossbach wrote:
Yes and no!

Speak with your network admin that the multicast send to other global machine. Not working over normal internet ways!

I thing clustering is made for local network failover. What you need are cluster domains. Gropus of clusters with a separate loadbalancer to route request over you country boundaries. That works fine :-)

Peter