Well I had same problem with Tomcat and I use Netbeans
5.
I solved this problem by stopping server in NetBeans 5
another Runtime window in NetbBeans 5,and now
everything working fine.
Yes sometimes i got again this situation but i solved
again on the same problem.
It happens that Tomcat can`t stopped servis (i don`t
now why).
If you don`t use NetBeans press CTRL+ALT+DEL and see
if any of java.exe is running even you didn`t start
any Tomcat and if yoy find it kill that process.
ANd i think it will help
Bye

--- Steve Ochani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 17 Mar 2006 at 13:06, Marco Aurélio Seraphim da
> Sil wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I got this problem yesterday at the morning, but
> during the evening it
> > was working well, and when reboot the machine, it
> got the same
> > problem.
> >
> > The port 8005 is been used by another program, but
> in my server.xml I
> > can't see nothing using the port 8005.
> >

> 8005 is the default shutdown port for tomcat
>

> > I'm using it on Windows XP, and tomcat 5.0.28...
> >
> > This is my server.xml...
> > <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
> > <Server debug="9">
> >   <Listener

className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"/>
> >   <Listener

className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener
> > "/>
> >   <GlobalNamingResources>
> >     <Environment name="simpleValue"
> type="java.lang.Integer"
> >     value="30"/> <Resource auth="Container"
> description="User database
> >     that can be
> > updated and saved" name="UserDatabase"
> > type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"/>
> >     <ResourceParams name="UserDatabase">
> >       <parameter>
> >         <name>factory</name>

<value>org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory</va
> >         lue>
> >       </parameter>
> >       <parameter>
> >         <name>pathname</name>
> >         <value>conf/tomcat-users.xml</value>
> >       </parameter>
> >     </ResourceParams>
> >   </GlobalNamingResources>
> >   <Service debug="9" name="Catalina">
> >     <Connector acceptCount="100"
> connectionTimeout="40000" debug="9"
> > disableUploadTimeout="true" port="81"
> redirectPort="8443"
> > maxSpareThreads="75" maxThreads="150"
> minSpareThreads="25">
> >     </Connector>
> >     <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3"

protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"
> > redirectPort="8443">
> >     </Connector>
> >     <Engine debug="9" defaultHost="localhost"
> name="Catalina">
> >       <Host appBase="webapps" name="localhost">
> >         <Logger
> className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
> >         debug="9"
> > prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
> timestamp="true" verbosity="4"/>
> >       </Host>
> >       <Logger
> className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
> >       debug="9"
> > prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt"
> timestamp="true" verbosity="4"/>
> >       <Realm

className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"

=== message truncated ===