Neil,

I found this on
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@httpd.apache.org/msg31214.html:

Re: Your opinion on some logs - Apache/mod_jk/Tomcat

Pascal Alberty
Thu, 09 Mar 2006 00:35:59 -0800

> 1. Apache - mod_jk.log
>
> [Wed Mar 08 15:34:40 2006] [error] jk_child_init::mod_jk.c (2312):
> Attachning shm:/etc/apache2/logs/jk-runtime-status errno=2

First one is solved.
By default, directory for this log is /etc/apache2/logs/ and apache
does not have enough permission to create the log file.
So, you can change this directory using the "JkShmFile" directive in
your httpd.conf. For example:

JkShmFile /var/log/apache2/jk-runtime-status

--
Pascal Alberty