Hi Chuck,
And below is the error from the log file for my case. Anybody
body know what is wrong ?

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Extra bytes at the end of class file
listeners/ContextListener

As I stated before: that class file is bad.  It appears to be one you
created, not from the Tomcat installation.  You need to recompile it or
otherwise correct it.

Sorry I am quite new with Tomcat/Java.
But here is what I have done:
Download the apache-tomcat-5.5.16.exe, install and run the service.
Got this error immediately.
Havent got chance to create any class yet.

I did the same. Fresh install of Win XP, Tomcat-5.5.16 and everything else.

I had put some external example to webapps, and both jsp and servlets in it work fine. So, the problem is only with examples that come with Tomcat-5.5.16.

Konstantin.

- Chuck

Rudy