George Azzopardi ha scritto:
What do you mean by context-relative URLs?

Usually, I use relative paths (../page1.jsp) for example. I confirmed that
both applications do not have any page with the same filename.
(a) Are you forwarding to a JSP page from a servlet?
(b) Or redirecting?
(c) Or is it a link from a JSP page to another JSP page?

In case of (a) you use a context-relative URL (i.e. every URL is relative to the particular base URL of the web-app). For instance, if you are in:
http://localhost:8080/appA
a relative URL like "/page.jsp" will forward to http://localhost:8080/appA/page.jsp

In case of (b) you use a server-relative URL (i.e. every URL is relative to the particular server base address). For instance, if your server is addressed to:
http://localhost:8080/
a relative URL like "/page.jsp" will redirect to http://localhost:8080/page.jsp

In case of (c) it depends if you are using <base> element or not. If yes, links are calculating starting from the shown url (or, if "href" attribute is used, the links are calculated using this last one).
HTH
Antonio