Thanks for the replies.

> : Where are you getting this 20 connection count from? Those must be
> : currently open connections to clients?

Actually, I am talking about connector (Http Connector) instead of
connection.

> To the Chris, I personally don't think it is the norm since your
average
> site usually don't get that kind of load. I would start with 2 or 3
and
> scale up as needed.

I have gotten request to separate traffic to multiple ports so that
Network Engineer can manage/debug network traffic easier (by port).  I
totally agree this will make troubleshooting easier, but I am also
afraid there is performance cost in implementing this.

The tomcat instance could get very busy some times with only 1
connector.  (3k+ requests every minute)  Therefore, I am wondering once
I starts having 20 connectors (listening on 20 different ports), will
the performance be affected by a lot.

Thanks,

--Chris