Aust, Christian wrote:
> although I've read all the docs and FAQs I could find, I can't get Tomcat
> 5.5.15 to do SSL on Windows with SUN JDK 1.5.
>
> I've imported the keys according to the docs, starting with the root CA
> cert and going all the way up until the cert that matches my key request.
> Then I've copied the keystore file "keystore" into CATALINA_HOME and
> configured Tomcat like such:
>
> <!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 443 -->
> <Connector port="443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
>    maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
>    enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
>    acceptCount="100" debug="99"
>    scheme="https" secure="true" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
>    keystoreFile="keystore" keystorePass="changeit"
> />

Are you using APR? If so, the keystore is not used. Instead OpenSSL
certificates are being used and the configuration differs:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/apr.html#HTTPS
So, you could change the configuration as outlined in the above document or
stop using APR by moving tcnative-1.dll to some place where Tomcat doesn't
find it.

If it's not an issue with APR, are you sure the keystore ist properly set up,
Tomcat can find it and the password is correct?

Regards
  mks