I used the IDE (eclipse) wizard to override the HTTPServlet methods. So
initially the methods were 'protected'  but because of the described  problems
I changed it to 'public'.  So I think that the methods are truly overriden
instead of creating a new method.  In the debugger I can see that my methods
are called.

The servlet itself should just forward the request to another servlet in an
another project on the same server. And when I call that url directly it works
as aspected. So the 'de.ini' parameter should not cause a problem (and I've
just tried it).