Dola,

I have not had a problem just renaming the current c:\eclipse directory to
c:\eclipse_old and then installing (unzipping) the WTP all-in-one bundle -
as follows.

The only thing different I do is that I have all of my plugins in a separate
directory. I do this by creating a directory c:\eclipse\links with a single
file in it with this single line:
  path=C:/EclipsePluginsStable

Then all of my plugins are installed in
C:/EclipsePluginsStable/eclipse/plugins

I can "usually" upgrade eclipse and (as long as the plugins are upward
compatible) everything still works.

Of course I also keep my workspace separate in c:\EclipseProjects\workspace\

This makes it much easier to upgrade or play with new versions of Eclipse.

BTW - I too am transitioning from using sysdeo Tomcat plugin to using WTP.
For now I am still using Sysdeo to run and debug Tomcat, but by having WTP
installed I get all of the JSP/CSS/etc editors, cross-referencing between
JSPs and Java files, etc. Its very nice.

HTH - Richard