I believe that I already know the answer to this.  But, if possible,
it would be nice to have some confirmation.

I have an application that uses JAASRealm for authentication.  Within
my LoginModule class, is it possible to determine which resource the
user is currently trying to access?

My current interpretation of the documentation is that the
authentication module simply knows who you are and what your
credential (password) is.  Upon successful authentication, the module
returns with success/fail and the roles associated with that user.
It's then up to the application itself to determine if the user's role
has access to the requested resource.  (this is usually declaratively
stated, either through the web.xml configuration, or the struts
configuration).

Is my interpretation of things correct?

Thanks.

--