Check the javadocs:

http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.2/javadoc/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html#getSession()

Returns the current session associated with this request, or if the
request does not have a session, creates one.

If you don't want a session call getSession(false) or don't call the
method at all. As far as I know the webapp will be sessionless as long
as you don't call getSession() on request object and put
session="false" in all your jsps (otherwise in the generated java
servlet HttpSession session = request.getSession(); will be called).

Another question, what's your goal? Why do you need explicitely
sessionless servlets so badly? Isn't it sufficent just not to use the
session if you don't need it?

regards
Leon