2012/7/5 Hermes Flying <flyingher...@yahoo.com>:
> Ok I will read these thank you.
> So essentially you are saying that I can not get away by justo overriding the
> new method delegating to the old one? I.e.
>
> public ServerSocketFactory getServerSocketFactory(AbstractEndpoint endpoint){
>           return getServerSocketFactory();//the existing and worked fine in
> older Tomcat version
>
> }
>
> and call my existing implementation and just ignore the endpoint parameter?

Yes.  ServerSocketFactory does not expose any references to endpoint,
so you can ignore this parameter if you do not need it.

There are 2 implementations of ServerSocketFactory in Tomcat:
DefaultServerSocketFactory,
JSSESocketFactory.
The first one ignores the endpoint. The second one uses it to get some options.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko