On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 06:35 +0530, Kiran Badi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have below code for catching DAO exceptions,

No, it's not.  It's code that defines an interface and a poorly
implemented exception type.  There's no catching.  Anywhere.

> but I feel its not correct
> way to do this,Can some one point me to some library which will capture
> all exceptions which my code will throw and works with tomcat. I
> implementing Model2 mvc pattern and to my surprise I am able to show
> values to the view but database is not getting inserted.I am lost given
> that no exception is also being thrown anywhere.All logs looks clean but
> DB is not updated.
>
> import java.sql.Connection;
>
> public interface DAO {
>
>      Connection getConnection() throws DAOException;
>
> }
>
> public class DAOException extends Exception {
>      private static final long serialVersionUID = 19192L;
>
>      public DAOException() {
>      }
>      public DAOException(String message) {
>          this.message = message;
>      }
>      @Override
>      public String getMessage() {
>          return message;
>      }
>      public void setMessage(String message) {
>          this.message = message;
>      }
>      private String message;
>
>      @Override
>      public String toString() {
>          return message;
>      }
> }

Other than including Tomcat in the subject, this has nothing to do with
Tomcat.  No offense, but this really isn't a list for teaching Java.
But what the hell, I'll make one "exception":

public class DAOException extends Exception {
        public DAOException(String msg) {
                super();
        }

        public DAOException(String msg) {
                super(msg);
        }

        public DAOException(String msg, Throwable cause) {
                super(msg, cause);
        }

        public DAOException(Throwable cause) {
                super(cause);