Hi,

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012, at 09:29 AM, Tony Anecito wrote:
> I do it at the OS level via the adaptor properties for windows. If your
> network does not support IPv6 I would disable it else you will get errors
> in your logs about IPv6 for like say DHCP assignment.

My network supports IPv6 just fine.

This server is configured for dual-stack, with separate sockets
specified for IPv4 & IPv6 as defined at:

        https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/online/pages/man7/ipv6.7.html

                IPV6_V6ONLY (since Linux 2.4.21 and 2.6)
                              If this flag is set to true (nonzero),
                              then the socket is restricted to
                              sending and receiving IPv6 packets only.
                              In this case, an IPv4 and an
                              IPv6 application can bind to a single port
                              at the same time.

                              If this flag is set to false (zero), then
                              the socket can be used to
                              send and receive packets to and from an
                              IPv6 address or an IPv4-mapped
                              IPv6 address.

                              The argument is a pointer to a boolean
                              value in an integer.

                              The default value for this flag is defined
                              by the contents of the file
                              /proc/sys/net/ipv6/bindv6only.  The
                              default value for that file is 0
                              (false).

In this config, any/all other apps on the box can be easily configured
to listen on IPv4 &/or IPv6.

I need Tomcat to listen/respond on IPv4 localhost @ 127.0.0.1.

Atm, it appears to be ignoring instructions to do so.