Hi,

In TC7, is there a way to tell Tomcat to never unload a given servlet unless
Tomcat itself is being shutdown?  I want a single servlet instance that I can
know will exist for the life of the tomcat process without being unloaded &
reloaded (unless someone manually instructs Tomcat to do so, of course).

Yes, I know I'm "not supposed to do this" and that the servlet spec says a
container is allowed to unload a server any time as long as a request is not in
process.  I still would like to know if there's some Tomcat specific way to
tell TC7 to never unload the servlet.  And yes, I realize even if there is such
a way that future versions of Tomcat may remove this capability.  :)

Thanks in advance,

Chip