Hi Vikas,

some details:

I see you're correctly using the getClass.getResource() (I'm using
getServletContext().getResourceAsStream() or
getServletContext().getResource()). But, Why are you creating
resources? You see all the war content in the host OS filesystem
because of unpackWars="true". This is because of performance (I hope)
and if you set this to "false", Tomcat will *read* resources (also
classes and anything else) from the WAR file directly! You are mixing
two things together: one are resources (they are using URL instead of
File) and on the other side Host OS FileSystem (the File objects).

So, you store database connection parameters in the property file. I
see two options to solve your problem:
1. Move the property file outside the resources if you want dynamic
creation. For example: temporary directory, any other directory which
location can be "hard-wired as initial parameter in the web.xml file".
2. Use Tomcat's database pooler. You give more performence (if you're
not using "your own" database connection pooler)!

Please explain what you want to do, what's your goal...

Have a nice day

PETR