I use SQLA12, though on windows rather than Linux, and I think you have the wrong value for your driver clause. I think you need "ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver", rather than the file name.

The driver file should usually be in your WEB-INF/lib directory.

I'd also suggest using the sybase newsgroups rather than tomcat for this.