Try the RequestDumperValve.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Rush [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 5:00 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Logging?

Should Tomcat be logging the HTTP requests that it gets?

I'm debugging 5.5.16 on Windows.  I've installed commons-logging.jar and
log4j-1.2.13.jar into common/lib, and log4j.properties into common/lib.

My log4j.properties looks like this right now:

#log4j.rootLogger=INFO, RFA
log4j.appender.RFA=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.RFA.File=${catalina.base}/logs/tomcat.log
log4j.appender.RFA.MaxFileSize=50MB
log4j.appender.RFA.MaxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.RFA.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.RFA.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p %t %c - %m%n
#log4j.logger.org.apache=INFO, RFA
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina=DEBUG, RFA

When I have that last line set to DEBUG, I get so much volume in the log
file that it's hard to tell which way is up.  When I set it to INFO, I
don't get any messages that appear to correspond to requests.

How can I get requests and the results of requests to show up in that
log file, or any log file for that matter?  I've not found any other log
file that seems to have it.  In the logs directory, I see stdout_*,
stderr_*.log, and jakarta_service_*.log files, as well as the log4j
tomcat.log file, but none of these seem to have request/result info.

David