Dear Darryl Lewis,

Thanks for your quick response..I corrected that silly mistake..As I told I am able to profile tomcat when I start and stop by (startup.sh and shutdown.sh). I tried to start it with security manager as following:

./startup.sh -security

it runs fine and also the application executes the way it should actually. But the problem is when I stop the server by "./shutdown.sh", I dont get ouput of the profiler which I normally get when I start it without security option(like ./startup.sh). Do you know how to start it with security option and profile it as well ?

I have added following things to setenv.sh to make tomacat profile.

#!/bin/sh
export CATALINA_OPTS=-Djava.security.auth.login.config=$(TOMCAT_HOME)/conf/jaas.config
export CATALINA_OPTS="-javaagent:lib/jborat-agent.jar \
 -Dch.usi.dag.jborat.exclusionList=conf/exclusion.lst \
  -Dch.usi.dag.jborat.liblist=conf/lib.lst \
   -Dch.usi.dag.jp2.outputFilePrefix=tomcat_output \
-Dch.usi.dag.jborat.instrumentation=ch.usi.dag.jp2.instrument.AddInstrumentation \
   -Dch.usi.dag.jp2.dumpers=ch.usi.dag.jp2.dump.xml.XmlDumper \
     -Dch.usi.dag.jborat.codemergerList=conf/codemerger.lst \
-Xbootclasspath/p:./lib/Thread_JP2.jar:lib/jborat-runtime.jar:lib/jp2-runtime.jar "

Any idea ?

Ragini

catalina.sh run -security

Basically runs tomcat with the Security Manager.

I think the "talina.sh" command is missing the "ca" in front of it :-). If
not paste the script here, as it might be custom.