I have downloaded the project and tested it. Replicated a bit of the
structure on my project and seems that now I am able to do it with the
empty value on path. Why I can do it with the "/" anyway?

Even with your project, I was not able to change the running port
defining it in the pom.xml. Only when I use -httpPort 9090, for
example, I am able to do it. The <port> tag needs some extra
configuration, or its purpose it is not to define the running port,
and being so I am using it in the wrong way.

About the shutdown feature (my jar is running as a service so I cannot
just hit Ctrl+C to stop it), can you give me some pointers of where I
should begin if I want to do it (any class for that purpose, etc.)?

Thanks for the quick answer Olivier Lamy, and thanks for your
attention. I am really enjoying this learning process :)
Best regards,
Sérgio Areias