> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: Suggestions for obtaining mod_jk for Amazon EC2

> I'm trying to set up an Amazon EC2 instance as a proxying web server
> for Tomcat using mod_jk. I'm using Amazon's basic "Linux" 32-bit AMI
> which doesn't include much -- specifically, a compiler.

> Other than installing the GCC toolchain, compiling mod_jk and then
> removing the toolchain, does anyone have any other good ideas?

I thought you could cross-compile with gcc, targeting a 32-bit x86
architecture.  (You certainly can with clang/LLVM, which I've been using for a
couple of years.)

If all else fails, you could create a 32-bit Linux VM on one of your 64-bit
systems and build mod_jk there.  Not much of an improvement...

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.