On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Konstantin Kolinko
<knst.koli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2. If the protocol between HTTPD and Tomcat is AJP,
> then the protocol itself has its own limitation, which is ~15 times
> lesser than that amount.

Thanks for anticipating my next question. Right now we're using
mod_proxy with the HTTP connector, but mod_jk and AJP are definitely a
possibility in the future.

I've started digging into the documentation, and it seems like by
default the AJP connector is limited to 8k requests, based on the
packetSize parameter? And the max is 65536? (~13 times less)?

Does the memory allocation works the same way in AJP as in HTTP?

> 4. A request that has 1Mb of headers wastes a lot of bandwidth.

I agree -- I'd just rather bounce my huge, unwanted requests at the
reverse proxy rather than at Tomcat.