Hi all,

I'm trying to set up my max heap size in 2Gb but my tomcat
installation ignores me :( . I'm working with GNU/Linux Debian
"Squeeze" (Current Stable), and my tomcat version it's 6. I tried to
modify my /etc/init.d/tomcat6 file adding this (I add some context for
non Debian users):

# Default Java options
# Set java.awt.headless=true if JAVA_OPTS is not set so the
# Xalan XSL transformer can work without X11 display on JDK 1.4+
# It also looks like the default heap size of 64M is not enough for most cases
# so the maximum heap size is set to 128M
if [ -z "$JAVA_OPTS" ]; then
        JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xmx2000m" <---- RELEVANT
fi

And i tried to modify /usr/share/tomcat6/bin/catalina.sh like this:

if [ -z "$JPDA_OPTS" ]; then

JPDA_OPTS="-agentlib:jdwp=transport=$JPDA_TRANSPORT,address=$JPDA_ADDRESS,server=y,suspend=$JPDA_SUSPEND"
fi
CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS $JPDA_OPTS -Xmx2000m"

In two cases i can't obtain favorable results, and it seems that
tomcat ignores me (YES I RESTART THE SERVER) and i get
"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" error.

Can you help me,

Thanks,

Joel Badia Escolà