From: Shanti Suresh [mailto:sha...@umich.edu] Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 9:17 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Thread related MBean questions

Hi Pid,

Which MBean are you reading that on?

Name: java.lang:type=Threading
modelerType: sun.management.ThreadImpl
ThreadAllocatedMemoryEnabled: true
ThreadAllocatedMemorySupported: true
ThreadContentionMonitoringEnabled: false
DaemonThreadCount: 84

 Tomcat has lots of MBeans and more than one way to create a thread pool.
The JVM has threads and can contain multiple thread pools.

Yes, for sure.  Thanks.

 Yes, as of Tomcat 6.0.x, without an Executor the Connectors will have a
pool each, and this will not decrease in size when idle.

Thanks for confirming.  I will put an Executor pool in place.

                      -Shanti