On Oct 29, 2012, at 7:28 PM, Ted Smith wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have several web apps (war files) under single host and webapps dir.
> I need to force HTTPS only for one of them and leave others unchanged.

My opinion is that the easiest fix would be to modify
"<secure-app>.war/WEB-INF/web.xml".

> config web.xml does not work as it applies to all apps.
> I feel there must be a way to config this using server config instead of
> modifying
> a war file.

Couple other thoughts that might work for you…

1.) Use UrlRewriteFilter.  http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

2.) Write a custom valve.
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/valve.html

3.) Install Apache HTTPD on the same machine as Tomcat.  Set it up as a reverse
proxy to Tomcat.  Configure HTTPD to handle HTTPS.

Dan