On 05/11/2012 6:50 PM, "Altmeier, Christian" <
christian.altme...@softwareag.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a big problem. After some time, tomcat stops expiring sessions.
> We have enabled logging for org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase. So
we see that at first everything works fine and suddenly sessions didn't
expire anymore.
> Before tomcat stops expiring sessions, it is noticeable that some
sessions need a lot of time to expire (10 - 30 minutes). In this time,
other session expire as expected.

Isnt that what you would expect if some users stay active for longer? Have
you confirmed that the long lasting sessions are idle? I think default
session timeout in tomcat is 30 minutes so are you saying you have changed
that to a lower value but its not working?

> I hope someone has an idea.
>
> Tomcat runs  on a 64bit Linux server.
>
> Greeting
> IDS Scheer Consulting GmbH
> Gesch?ftsf?hrer/Managing Directors: Michael Rehm, Ivo Totev
> Sitz/Registered office: Altenkesseler Stra?e 17, 66115 Saarbr?cken,
Germany - Registergericht/Commercial register: Saarbr?cken HRB 19681