On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl> wrote:

> On 19.11.2012 14:18, Ashkan Rahmani wrote:
>
>  which way is better for my scenario? I have one server - Centos 6 x64 ,
>> 8GB
>> ram- and 3 java web application.
>> 1- run multiple instances of tomcat 6 for each application and configure
>> different port in server.xml for each one.
>> 2- run just one instance of tomcat 6 for all three applications by
>> configuring Catalina.
>>

> It depends.
>
> It depends on memory usage pattern for your applications - you can tweak
> GC for each tomcat separately.
> It depends whether they leak and you need to restart tomcat - and do not
> want to disturb other ones.
> It depends on many other factors.
>
> Usually it's enough to go with option 2, but you have to decide yourself.
>
> --
> Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>

yes,  you are right.
there are many good reasons. in fact these 3 apps are actually same, but
they are for 3
completely separated customers.
( We develop it and then host it for users of customers)
I googled before, it seams it's really usual run multiple tomcat.
I think it's not good. why we run just one httpd for all hosts? I want to
say, when I run 3 tomcats, some thing would run 3 times in memory.
but when I run just one, there is one of them. 1 process will be
responsible for all Catalinas. of course it's totally depends on tomcat
architecture.

--
Best Regards,
Ashkan R