> From: Daniel Mikusa [mailto:dmik...@vmware.com]
> Subject: Re: My app stop respoding after 3 to 5 days in my Redhat server

> > I wanted to know whether is there any configuration issue in my tomcat,
> > because of more request coming from the client machine it is stop working?

> Take some thread dumps when the application is no longer responding.
> https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_obtain_a_thread_dump_of_my_running_webapp_.3F

I would also recommend enabling GC logging or monitoring via JMX, since the
symptoms are typical of heap exhaustion.  For simplicity's sake, setting
-verbose:gc is likely the easiest thing to do for those unfamiliar with Java.
This link provides a reasonable description of how:

http://freddyandersen.wordpress.com/2009/07/14/how-to-enable-verbose-gc-in-tomcat/

JMX monitoring via VisualVM or JConsole will also provide a lot of information
in a more palatable format, but can be trickier to set up.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.