On 30/11/2012 21:00, Leo Donahue - RDSA IT wrote:
> Are there standardized server responses that one should expect to see when
> dealing with java.lang, javax.servlet and javax.faces exceptions that should
> be displayed to the client?

You mean status codes or error pages?

If an exception isn't handled* by the app then it's 500 and a stacktrace
if you haven't configured a custom error page.  Those packages probably
have a few tens of exceptions that could be thrown.

> I don't know that I would expect to see any of these on a public website, as
> I am likely not to care what happens on the server I'm browsing, as long as
> the server can recover/redirect.

Catch them at the appropriate point in your code, or configure a custom
error page.

* "uncaught exception" is the usual term.

--

[key:62590808]